Although no group has claimed responsibility for the deadliest attack this year in the Philippines, local authorities suspect the Islamic State-linked Abu Sayyaf group.Local authorities also said the two female suicide bombers were widows of militants who were connected to the group and had been involved in other suicide bombings in June last year.Last year, the region also witnessed a double suicide bombing at a Jolo church that killed more than 20 people and wounded more than 100 others. Retno said that according to the information gained by the ministry, no Indonesian citizens were impacted by the incidents. The ministry said it would closely monitor the development of the situation in the country through coordination with the Indonesian Embassy in Manila and the Consulate General office in Davao.“Based on the last information from the Western Mindanao Command, the suicide bombers were identified as two women,” she added.“Based on that information, both women were identified as local residents.”The casualties from the incident that took place around noon on Monday included security force personnel, civilians and the two bombers. Topics : The Indonesian government has extended its deepest condolences to the people of the Philippines over the recent bomb attacks that killed at least 14 people and wounded 75 others in the main town of Jolo Island on Monday while asserting that the alleged suicide bomber was not an Indonesian.“We would like to send our deepest condolences to the victims’ families, the government and the people of the Philippines,” Indonesia’s Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi said in a press briefing on Thursday.She dismissed reports from several news outlets claiming that an Indonesian may have been one of the suicide bombers.
87 Albatross Ave, Mermaid Beach.BRISBANE IT boss Scott Smith has cut $145,000 off the sale price of his weekend villa. The founder of IT company Comlinx put the villa on the market less than a month ago before it sold $1.35 million. The home was originally on the market for $1.495 million. 2/87 Albatross Ave, Mermaid Waters. Supplied by Luke HendersonMore from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North6 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoAgent Luke Henderson of John Henderson Professionals Mermaid Beach negotiated the deal ad said the residence at 87 Albatross Avenue attracted interest from purchasersbecause of its beachside living without the multi-million price tags of its neighbouring beachfront mansions.Mr Henderson said the east-facing, three-bedroom- plus-study villa enjoyed ocean views andsea breezes.“The villa was planned with a luxurious lifestyle in mind and was designed to maximise thenatural light and the ocean views,” said Mr HendersonThe founder of IT company Comlinx said he bought the three-bedroom villa at No. 2/87 Albatross Ave as a weekender in 2010 for $1.16 million.Mr Smith said he was struggling to find time for the villa after buying a large Indooroopilly home.Mr Henderson said it was difficult to find something for under $2 million in the exclusive neighbourhood.
Armed pirates have kidnapped four crew members from a Greece-flagged tanker off the coast of Togo, the Hellenic Coast Guard confirmed.The vessel, identified as the 94,143 dwt Elka Aristotle, was boarded by pirates while anchored near the West African port of Lome on November 4, 2019.The attack resulted in the kidnapping of four of the ship’s 24 crew members, according to the coast guard.“The vessel and remaining crew are safe,” European Navigation, the vessel’s operator, said in a separate statement.Of the kidnapped crewmen, one is Greek, one Georgian and two are Filipino nationals.“We are doing everything we can to ensure their prompt and safe release,” the Greek company added.The Hellenic Coast Guard also said that the country’s authorities were “closely monitoring” the issue.The incident occurred only two days after nine crew members were taken hostage from a bulk carrier off Cotonou, Benin. The anchored vessel was boarded by perpetrators while it was waiting for berth to discharge cargo.World Maritime News Staff
Bastian Schweinsteiger is set to join Manchester United in a £15m deal. United have signed the German player on a three-year contract from Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.The 30-year-old midfielder played under United boss Louis Van Gaal while the Dutchman managed Bayern between 2009 and 2011.“Manchester United is the only club that I would have left Munich for,” said Schweinsteiger. “I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal again.”The German star is expected to bring quality and experience to United midfield. Bayern have a ready-made replacement in Thiago Alcantara.Bayern Munich fans booed the decision to let their talisman leave the club. Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has been at the club for 17 years, played in over 500 competitive games, and won 20 trophies.
Loading… FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Just minutes later, Sarr showed nerves of steel to finish one-on-one with Alisson after breaking through the backline once more, confidently dinking the ball over the Brazilian keeper. Jurgen Klopp turned to Adam Lallana from the substitutes bench to try and change things, and the midfielder very nearly made an instant impact when his left-footed effort from outside the box hit the post. Divock Origi was also sent on in an attempt to claw a way back into the game, but it was Watford who delivered another stinging blow next. Things became even more incredulous when Troy Deeney broke through to give Watford a third goal without reply, with Sarr turning provider this time having intercepted Trent Alexander-Arnold’s loose backpass. Not only did it extend Watford’s advantage, it was the goal that took them above Bournemouth on goal difference and out of the drop zone. Sarr even had a chance for a hat-trick when he got in behind again, but he spurned the chance by slicing it wide. Read Also:Liverpool legend opens up on racist incident The attention then turned to defending for Watford, and the backline held firm to keep Liverpool’s deadly attack at bay and ruin their dreams of going undefeated in 2019-20. Promoted ContentTop 8 Most Fun Sylvester Stallone MoviesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreThe Best Cars Of All TimeWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks Ismaila Sarr scored a brace and set a goal up for Troy Deeney to make Watford the first team to beat Liverpool in the Premier League since Manchester City in January 2019. Senegal’s Sarr was the tormentor in chief in Liverpool defeat Liverpool are closing in on a first league title of the Premier League era, but the celebrations will be made to wait a little longer after Watford dented their dreams of going the whole season unbeaten. The Reds would have been the first team to do so since Arsenal in 2003-04, with only Manchester United taking points off Jurgen Klopp’s men prior to today in the league this season. However, the team to finally defeat Liverpool after 44 games without loss in the Premier League were an unusual suspect – as Watford took three points that lifted them out of the relegation zone. Ismaila Sarr, an international teammate of Liverpool star Sadio Mane with Senegal, gave Watford an unlikely lead when he took advantage of some unusually disorganised defending from the Reds’ backline. Getting in front of Andy Robertson, Sarr got on the end of Abdoulaye Doucoure’s cross to poke the ball past Alisson Becker. It was a deserved lead for Watford, who had taken more shots up to that point – and it was a lead they refused to relinquish.
The governor reiterated the need toimplement such measures as the entire country grapples to curb the menace ofthe viral disease. BACOLOD City – The Province of NegrosOccidental will be placed under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) for 16days as part of its preventive measures against the spread, or localtransmission of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Only those private establishmentsproviding basic necessities and engaged such activities related to foodand medical supplies shall be open. There will also be suspension of masstransportation during the period. A strict home quarantine rules shall beobserved in all households; movement shall be limited to accessing basicnecessities; provision for food and essential health services shall beregulated and there will be heightened presence of uniformed personnel toenhance quarantine procedures. The local government units shallimplement by granting an ECQ passes to one person household authorizing him/herto leave their residence solely purposes of buying food, medicines andother basic necessities. Lacson clarified that an ECQ is not alockdown because this will only limit people on the streets. This after Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacsonissued Executive Order (EO) 20-20. The ECQ will take effect starting 12:01 a.m.of March 30 until 11:59 p.m. of April 14. Borders and ports in the provincewill be sealed. “Curfew is not anymore applicable sinceonly one member is allowed to go out. Senior citizens who are the mostvulnerable with the virus are strictly not allowed to go out,” Lacson added. Operations of all public utilityvehicles shall be suspended including buses, jeepneys, taxis, V-hire vans,tricycles, E-tricycles, pedicabs and other similar forms. Lacson said the provincial government willdeploy skeletal force during the entire period of the ECQ. Those who are notphysically fit may do their jobs at home with pay. Meanwhile, Vice Mayor El Cid Familiarandisclosed that the city has already prepared to issue also the same ECO./PN
Rain moving through region Tuesday morning.BATESVILLE – Showers and thunderstorms are moving through the area Wednesday morning.The strongest chance of precipitation is between 10-11 a.m. before tapering off during the early afternoon.A cold front will accompany the rain resulting in temperatures reaching the upper 70’s for the rest of the week.The extended forecast shows the next chance of rain Friday night and through the weekend.
NATIONAL record-holder Brenessa Thompson has done it again. She has added the national women’s 200m to her women’s outdoor 100m and 200m records, and the Olympian is looking forward to much more during the year.The Texas A & M University athlete ran 23.36 seconds at the Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational held last Saturday at the Clemson University Indoor Complex, to finish third.The 20-year-old sprinter is elated about her accomplishment, saying she feels poised to achieve much more.“I feel like I’m at a much better place than last year. This indoor season, my main focus was on doing a better job than in my freshman year. I ended my freshman year last year with a 24.04 PB, now this year I ran 23.36 and I am very happy with my performance,” Thompson expressed.Thompson, a US-born athlete is Guyanese by naturalisation, and has represented Guyana at the World Junior Championships, the annual CARIFTA Games, and last year for the first time represented Guyana at the Olympics.Many Guyanese got to see Thompson perform on home soil for the first time last year June, when she came for the Aliann Pompey Invitational which was held at the National Track and Field Centre in Leonora.Thompson wowed the spectators in the women’s 100m where she set the national record at 11.14 seconds. She already has the 200m record which she had set at 22.99 seconds in May.
WORLD number two Simona Halep is the latest leading women’s player to withdraw from the US Open.Romanian Halep is the sixth top 10 player to opt out of the Grand Slam, which will be played behind closed doors in New York from 31 August.“I always said I would put my health at the heart of my decision,” she said.Canada’s defending champion Bianca Andreescu and Australian world number one Ashleigh Barty are among the other big names to have pulled out.Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina, Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands and Switzerland’s Belinda Bencic have also decided not to play in the tournament amid the Covid-19 pandemic.“After weighing up all the factors involved and with the exceptional circumstances in which we are living, I have decided that I will not travel,” added reigning Wimbledon champion Halep, 28.The two-time Grand Slam winner – who won the Prague Open on Sunday – says she will stay and train in Europe, where the French Open is scheduled to start on 27 September.American great Serena Williams has committed to play in New York, along with Japanese 2018 champion Naomi Osaka, Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin of the United States and Czech world number three Karolina Pliskova.On the men’s side, Serbia’s world number one Novak Djokovic, Britain’s three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray and Russian 2019 runner-up Daniil Medvedev are competing. (BBC Sport).
The Syracuse attack was unstoppable at times this weekend. The firepower was unmistakable and the precision was flawless.After scoring seven consecutive goals in the first half against Loyola (Md.) on Friday, and another five in the second, the Orange repeated that production against Villanova on Sunday to finish the weekend with two wins.‘When we’re on and we’re disciplined we can score goals, and we can score them in runs,’ SU head coach Gary Gait said.No. 14 Loyola mounted late-half rallies to keep the game close Friday, but the No. 2 Orange (15-2, 8-0 Big East) capitalized on its two dominant scoring streaks to defeat the Greyhounds (11-5, 7-1) 13-12 in front of 304 fans at SU Soccer Stadium. SU faced less resistance on Sunday, blowing out the Wildcats (4-12, 2-6) 18-3 in front of 743 in the Carrier Dome.The victories put an exclamation point on the most successful regular season in program history. Syracuse enters postseason play with the Big East regular-season crown and the top seed in next weekend’s Big East tournament while riding an all-time-best 14-game winning streak.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Orange, which is hosting the Big East tournament, will face No. 4 seed Georgetown in the semifinals Thursday at 8:15 p.m. in the Carrier Dome.‘It’s just part of what we’re trying to do this year, and that’s be one of the top teams in the country,’ Gait said. ‘It’s important to be the best team in the Big East. We’re happy that we’re that. That was one of our goals and now we go on to the Big East tournament to get our next one.’Syracuse won two-thirds of the draw controls against Loyola and junior attack Michelle Tumolo scored a game-high four goals to lead the Orange.In the opening minutes, though, it appeared an upset may be in the works.Kathleen Barranco and Hannah Schmitt put Loyola up 2-0 seven minutes into regulation, applying early pressure to the favored Orange.But SU responded with a 7-0 run, started by Tumolo.‘I think when a team scores on us, it’s like do or die,’ Tumolo said. ‘We get really mad and we get amped up, so we take it to them. We don’t let it get to our heads.’After Syracuse tied the game at 2-2, midfielder Bridget Daley scooped up a loose ball at the top of the fan and found Gabby Jaquith on the right. Jaquith quickly turned and whipped a shot over the head of Greyhounds goalkeeper Kerry Stoothoff to give SU the lead 10 minutes into the game.‘I think we’re just focusing on every play in the moment and that’s about it,’ Daley said. ‘You’ve got to get the loose balls to win the game. It’s the draw controls, the loose balls. It’s those 50-50 plays that make the difference when you’re playing a one-goal game like this.’Daley finished the run with seven minutes left, beating Stoothoff to give the Orange a five-goal advantage. Syracuse had a chance to put away the Greyhounds with the seven-goal run.But uncharacteristically, the Orange faltered. Loyola went on a 5-1 run and cut the Orange’s lead to 8-7 going into halftime.SU came out of the locker room with a 5-0 turnaround to regain control of the game.After scoring to start the run, Tumolo held the ball behind the cage eight minutes into the second half, circling behind the net. With little movement in front of the net, she was patient.Stoothoof, however, was not.The senior goalie lurked farther and farther around each corner of the goal until she eventually came too far out, stepping behind the right of the net.Tumolo wrapped around the other way and beat her to push the Syracuse lead to 10-7. The Orange added three more goals to build a six-goal advantage with less than 17 minutes to play.The Greyhounds fought back again, responding with their own 5-0 run, but after scoring with 8:13 left to cut SU’s advantage to one, they were unable to score again.The win gave Syracuse its second all-time undefeated regular season in Big East play and momentum heading into the conference tournament.‘It’s always just more intense once it gets closer to the end of the season,’ Tumolo said. ‘We had Big East regular-season champs on the line even though it didn’t really matter if we won it.‘It was just another game, but it definitely did feel like a playoff game also because they ended our season last year.’firstname.lastname@example.org Comments Published on April 29, 2012 at 12:00 pm Contact Stephen: email@example.com | @Stephen_Bailey1 Facebook Twitter Google+